Saturday, April 21, 2012

NATIONAL POETRY MONTH



Guess what!  April is National Poetry Month, and I didn't write any poetry yet to celebrate this important event!  So when I realized that fact, I got all inspired and I wrote some limericks.  The subject of my limericks is kittens.  I wrote one limerick for each of our foster kittens and also one for Jason, since he isn't a year old yet, so that means he is still a kitten.

Anyway, I hope you will like these limericks because I think they are very clever and entertaining.




There once was a kitten named Jason,
Who into the bathroom went chasin'.
He jumped on the stool
And fell into the pool,
And then out of the room he went racin'!









Jeeves was a little Manx kitty
Whose coat was all stripey and pretty.
He saw no avail
In having a tail,
Since he was so clever and witty!








There was a sweet kitten named Janey,
Who lived out-of-doors, where it's rainy.
Now she's inside instead,
And she sleeps in a bed,
And she scampers around, acting zany!










A tortoiseshell kitten named Jilly
Found herself being spooked, willy-nilly.
A low profile kept she,
As demure as could be,
But she sometimes could act rather silly!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...I love the limericks!! I'm thankful you reminded us it's National Poetry Month. I've had my mind on May being National Lupus Awareness Month, so excuse my selfishness.

    Again, I truly enjoyed the limericks...I'm thinking YOU could have worked at Hallmark Cards just like your mom did!!

    Love, AP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aunt Patty! I'm blushing! I'm glad you liked my limericks.

      Love, Piper

      Delete