Monday, October 28, 2013

FASCINATING FACTS ABOUT MY BLOG

I started writing my blog on August 25, 2009, which means I have been writing it for more than four years now.  And even when my little toes got tired sometimes after tapping the keyboard for so long, I kept on typing.  In the beginning, I had no followers at all, but now I have 105 of them!  Today's post will be number 923, which is a big, impressive number, at least in my opinion.



During the month of September my blog got looked at 69,384 times.  By 6:15 p.m. CDT on Sunday, October 27, I had 2,491 pageviews for the day and 3,200,560 for all time.  But these numbers are constantly changing, so it's hard to pin them down long enough to write about them.  And just because somebody clicks on my blog page doesn't mean they will stay there and read what it says.

The subjects of my top ten all-time most-viewed posts, as of yesterday, were:  Pugs, Shiba Inus, Cane Corsos, Catahoula Leopard Dogs, Savannah Cats, Leonbergers, English Bulldogs, A Dog Named Snoopy, Chinese Crested Dogs, and Snowy Owls.

A lot of people have written comments about my blog entries, and many of these comments are very nice.  The total number of published comments up until yesterday was 3,259.  Some comments are written by people I know, but others are from strangers.  Sometimes school kids say they are writing a report on a certain topic, and they got some information from my blog.  I hope they didn't have to put footnotes in their report because I am not very good about telling where I got my information.  Mom, my Chief Research Assistant, says she had to do enough of that stuff when she was in college, so she doesn't really want to have to do it in a blog.  But we have gotten better about crediting photo sources because some people wrote and complained that we used their photos without permission.

Maybe you noticed that the number I gave for comments was for the ones that were "published."  There are a couple of kinds of comments that aren't published, or that don't stay published for very long.  Sometimes a person will just write something like "F--- you!" if they don't agree with a comment somebody else wrote.  Or maybe they just write "hi" or something like that as a comment.  I think people who do this are just kids who are are messing around on the internet, trying to see what they can get away with.  So whenever we get a comment like this, Mom goes there and deletes it.

Other times, we get comments that are actually spam.  The blogger site usually catches these, and they don't get published.  When these comments show up in Mom's inbox, she goes to my blog to delete them, but they are not even there.  You can tell the spam comments because they start off by saying what a wonderful blog I have, and then they say I should visit their own website, which has nothing to do with the subject of the blog entry.  And a lot of times these comments sound like they were written by somebody who only just learned a little English yesterday.  But that's one thing that makes them pretty funny, so I am going to share some of them with you.

Unpublished, Spam Comments on My Blog


Thanks for the good writeup. It in fact was a leisure account it. Glance complex to far brought agreeable from you! By the way, how can we keep in touch? Also visit my page - earn money online  (comment on my entry DOGS WHO GET STOLEN)

***

Wonderful, what a weblog it is! This webpage provides valuable information to us, keep it up. Feel free to visit my webpage: Muscle Max Extreme (on HEY! I'M AVAILABLE! by Jacen the Kitten)

***

I do believe all of the ideas you have introduced in your post. They're really convincing and can certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are too quick for newbies. May you please lengthen them a bit from subsequent time? Thank you for the post. Also see my site :: cut out swimsuits (on SOME WORDS AND A PHRASE)


***

Hi there everyone, it's my first go to see at this website, and paragraph is actually fruitful for me, keep up posting such articles. Take a look at my homepage : Therapy Now (on QUEEN ELIZABETH AND HER CORGIS)

***


Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I'm impressed! Very helpful info specially the last part :) I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.  My weblog:  what does kidney pain feel like  (on THE MOST EXPENSIVE KINDS OF PETS)

***

It's hard to find educated people about this subject, but you sound like you know what you're talking about! Thanks my webpage - no equity debt consolidation Loan (on REALLY WEIRD NAMES FOR PETS)

***

It's going to be ending of mine day, however before end I am reading this fantastic post to improve my experience. Also visit my homepage :: online fetish cam (on INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE, by Nicky the Greyhound)

***

Sleep on you side or front. Now this really is easier mentioned than completed, simply because it's hard to handle your sleeping position when you are asleep! However, there is an old trick that may be worth taking into consideration. You may sow a walnut, table tennis ball or comparable size object in to the back of a shirt and put on that in bed. Each and every time you roll on your back it will dig into you, causing you to roll back once again - supplying you do not take your shirt of inside your sleep. Here is my web blog Stop Snoring (on THE MOST EXPENSIVE KINDS OF PETS)


 

5 comments:

  1. I initially googled something,can't for the life of me think what it was now and came across your blog which I think is brill,I have 11 rescue cats but love all animals ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Britt,
      I am very glad you found my blog and that you like it! We are going nuts with all the cats here, or at least that is my opinion, as a dog. Mom has now adopted 5 cats, and we also have 4 foster kittens who are almost big enough to be real cats. It's kind of tough for the two of us little dogs who are definitely in the minority!
      Sincerely, Piper

      Delete
    2. Thank you Piper,with all your cats I would be in heaven but for you 2 I can imagine that its not LOL,I'm very pleased to meet you :D

      Delete
  2. Your blog is the best! My rainbow Bs enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you took time to write and tell me that you like my blog!

      Delete