Tuesday, January 21, 2014

DYEING YOUR POODLE

One other time I wrote a blog entry about dyeing pets, and if you want to read it, you can find it here: http://piperbasenji.blogspot.com/search?q=dyeing  After I posted that entry, I learned that some people have strong opinions about whether dogs and cats should be dyed, and they yelled at each other in their comments on my blog entry.  I don't like it when people write nasty things to each other on my blog,  so if you want to say what you think about today's entry, just please be polite about it. Otherwise, I will have to come find you and bite you on the ankle.  Hahahaha!

Anyway, I have kind of changed my own opinion about dyeing pets, and I have decided that maybe it's not such a terrible thing to do, if the dye is safe, and if the animal doesn't mind it.  Of course, I personally would not want to be dyed because it means you have to GET WET, which I might have mentioned that I hate to do.

When I was doing in-depth research for my blog entry about poodles, which I published on Friday, I discovered that poodles seem to get dyed more often than other breeds of dogs.  I guess this is because they have fluffy hair that can be groomed into lots of different shapes before you even dye it.  And poodles seem to be nice enough to put up with all the fussing and humiliation.

There is actually an organization for people who like to groom their dogs in weird and different ways, and this group is called The National Association of Professional Creative Groomers.  They have webinars and hold contests and do stuff like that.  Also, they try to figure out the safest way to dye animals.  You can go to their website if you want more information or want to see more pictures.

Before I start showing you some photos I found, I will just say that dyeing poodles is not a totally new thing to do.  Back in the 1950s, when poodles were first becoming really popular, they were sometimes dyed.  Here's Doris Day with a pack of pastel poodles, promoting her new movie April in Paris.



Pink seems to be about the most popular color to dye poodles.  Here are a few pink poodles to prove my point.






But blue is good, too, especially for a boy dog.

Photo: jillbeninato

And yellow is very cheerful.

Photo:  Farang Noi

One way to dye a dog is to use food coloring.  Here is a very wet poodle who just got soaked in food coloring.  When you put it on, it looks much darker than when it is dry.




You can also use sidewalk chalk to color a dog.  That way the dog doesn't have to get wet, but the chalk probably doesn't stay on as long as dye does.




Now I will show you some poodles that were dyed in really fancy ways so they could enter contests.

®Ren Netherland/Barcroft Media

http://thenapcg.com/about/

picblow.com

http://tinyurl.com/oktszvm

®Ren Netherland/Barcroft Media

®Ren Netherland/Barcroft Media




®Ren Netherland/Barcroft Media

®Ren Netherland/Barcroft Media

®Ren Netherland/Barcroft Media

®Ren Netherland/Barcroft Media

®Ren Netherland/Barcroft Media

®Ren Netherland/Barcroft Media

®Ren Netherland/Barcroft Media

Okay, so that's my report on dyed poodles.  Feel free to make comments, but remember to be nice about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment