Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I'M HOME!

Mom rescued me from the veterinary hospital yesterday afternoon, and it was about time!  She wanted me to potty before we got in the car, but I wouldn't do it.  I thought it might be a trick, and that she would turn around and take me right back in the clinic after I pottied.  So the only thing I agreed to do was get in the car.

As soon as we got home, I went in the back yard and peed a whole bunch.  Also I pooped.  It's always best to do these things at home, where you feel safe.  At least that's how I see it.




After Mom brought me home, she had to go to the drug store to buy my medicine.  I have to take Terbutaline, Clopidogrel, Sildenafil, and aspirin.  Not to mention the Lysodren I already take for my Cushing's, and the Proin I take so that I won't leak pee in the middle of the night.  Oh, and the Tramadol I take for arthritis pain.  Mom says I am getting to be like a little old lady because I have so many pills to take.

I made Mom look up all these drugs on the internet to find out what they do and to make sure I am not being poisoned.  Mostly, the drugs do things like keep me from getting blood clots, and they open up the arteries in my lungs so that the blood can get through them better.  That will make me have more oxygen in my blood, and I won't feel so tired and short of breath all the time.  Or at least that's how it's supposed to work in theory.

Right now I still feel really tired, and I start panting after I do anything energetic, such as climbing the stairs or going outside to poop.  Dr. Wall said I would get better after I had been on the drugs for a while.  But she told Mom that I probably wouldn't be all bouncy and playful and be running around like I used to do.  Mom said I hadn't been that way for years, so she wasn't exactly expecting me to be like a puppy again.

Well, okay, I don't feel like writing much right now.  Maybe tomorrow or the next day I will be perkier.    Which would be nice, because it's a whole new year called 2014, and I would like to enjoy it.  I hope all my faithful readers will enjoy it, too!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome home, Piper! I'm so glad you are better! Zena takes Proin for her lady problems too and she took Tramadol too. You'll be feeling back to your old self in no time!

    -Kate and Zena

    P.S. At least you have no Cone of Shame, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess Zena and I have some things in common, since we take the same medicines. And it's nice not to wear the Cone of Shame. I'm hoping to feel better soon. Thanks for your good wishes!
    Your friend, Piper

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back, Piper. We elders have a lot of issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom says it's not easy getting old, and I think she might be right!

      Delete